Image From: http://www.mykoweb.com/CAF/species/Mycena_pura.html
2. Scientific Name: Mycena pura
3. Phylum Basidiomycota
4. Usually found in forests areas, both with hardwood and conifer, feeding on decaying leaves.
5. Found Across the Globe in Forests.
6. Edibility; can be eaten if eaten in small amounts, too much can sicken the person.
7. Has a complex reproductive cycle. Basidiospores from in the gills, underneath the cap, falls down and is spread by numurous ways. Then the basidospores land and grow hyphae in the ground, hyphae eventually meet and form a button, button then grows into a stalk and a cap, then the process restarts.
Information From: http://www.mykoweb.com/CAF/species/Mycena_pura.html and From: Biology: The Dynamics of Life